Chapter 2: Communication
In this chapter we show you some of the best ways to GET CONNECTED and communicate with friends and family.
There are 3 key icons that we run through in this section.
- Text (the basic way to communicate)
- Whatsapp (instant messages and group chats)
- FaceTime (video communication)
SENDING A TEXT MESSAGE
- Go to the green speech chat bubble on your homepage and click onto it.
- Click on the top right corner to write a new message (pen & paper icon). It maybe blue.
- Type the name of the recipient (if you have saved this in your contacts list) or their mobile telephone number beside the To:
- Add message into the content area next to the blue arrow at the bottom.
- You can also take a photograph and send this instead, or as well as, a message. Click on the grey camera button to the left of the message space and take a photograph.
- Press the blue arrow to send your message or photograph.
- Replies will arrive on the left hand side of the conversation.
SENDING A WHATSAPP MESSAGE
- Got to the green Whatsapp bubble with phone icon and click onto it.
- Click on the top right corner to write a new message (pen & paper icon).
- Type out the name of the recipient (or scroll through your contacts).
- You can send to more than one person at a time by creating a New Group and adding several people. You will be asked for a name for a group.
- Add message into the content area next to the blue arrow.
- When ready - click arrow to send your message.
- 1 Grey arrow = message sent
- 2 Grey arrows = message delivered
- 2 Blue arrows = message read
MAKING A FACETIME VIDEO CALL
- Go to the green FaceTime video camera icon and click onto it.
- Click blue + arrow top right corner to search for person to call.
- Choose their name.
- Choose audio or video (if you want them to see you and you them).
- Wait for your friend to pickup. It is just like a making a mobile call.