Chapter 3: Entertainment
In this chapter we show you some of the best ways to GET CONNECTED when it comes to entertainment.
WHAT IS AN APP?
- An app is a way to access information and entertainment quickly on your iPad/iPhone. Some apps you have to download yourself, others are already on your device. They all sit on your homepage.
- There is a app for everything. Whatever your interest from gardening to exercise classes, reading to scrabble and bridge.
- All television stations (BBC, ITV, C4) plus Sky, Netflix and Amazon Prime have an app.
- Your Tech Buddy will have lots of recommendations for you. Grandparents will find their devices soon cluttered up with Grandchildren's favourites!
IMPORTANT TO NOTE
- You must be connected to the Wifi to download any applications.
- Anything you download from the App Store has the same process for an iPad and iPhone.
- Some apps will charge you for downloading them. (You will see a price tag next to the app in blue).
- Some apps are free. (There will be no price tag next to the app, only the word GET in blue).
HOW TO DOWNLOAD APPS
The 'App Store' button is blue with a large A. This is your key to finding the digital library which is filled with options for games, TV, news, books and every interest you may have.
- See the search icon bottom right corner (magnifying glass).
- Search for any app you wish to download (Scrabble, ITV hub, Netflix, Audible, Kindle) etc.
- Click on the blue bubble of the app you wish to download.
- Either enter you Apple ID password or touch the home button with your finger or thumb to download.
- Watch the app download. Press OPEN to use the app.
- The app will appear on your homepage.
- The next time you wish to use this app you just click on it again.
- If you can't find the icon on your homescreen, go back to the App Store and search for it again. If you have already downloaded it you won't download it twice, it will just take you to where it is on your homepage. You won't be charged again.