Inspire Tomorrow’s Global Citizens To Lead Positive Global Change
An exciting opportunity to play a key part-time role in an expanding school adventure and educational travel organisation. We are an experienced, family business made up of a young and growing team. Demand for our trips has boomed for 2023/24 and we are therefore recruiting an Accounts Coordinator.
We care passionately about each student and without fail ensure they always come first. Their experiences and the transformative learning that these Global Citizens bring home is crucial to our core belief in encouraging positive change.
We are dog friendly, have a wonderful office atmosphere with great coffee and a uniquely collegiate belief. You will work hard, but be integral to our team and will enjoy every moment!
Who are we?
After life-changing experiences working for the United Nations and International Red Cross overseas, Mark and Katharine set up Global Action to provide outstanding overseas trips for UK school students. Each delivers a unique Global Learning programme, empowering students to affect positive global change. We are now the UK’s leading provider of high-quality Global Learning programmes.
We engage young people in learning about poverty reduction, environmental issues and social justice through educational trips to: Nepal, the Indian Himalayas, Malaysian Borneo, Zanzibar Island, Costa Rica, Greece, and Switzerland.
Global Action is the only UK school trips company whose Directors have worked overseas for the UN at senior management level. We are a young, dynamic company based in Cirencester.
About the Role
As Account Coordinator, you will be the voice of Global Action to our students and parents, and will be responsible for providing them with a smooth and happy journey.
Based from the office in Cirencester, with opportunities for remote working, key tasks will include:
- Managing the customer journey from sign up to trip, including processing and management of confidential personal information and payments
- Managing communications with clients about the progress of their account and important upcoming dates through direct communication and updating the client app
- Providing a point of contact for clients and seeking to gain the information to answer their query from the correct team member
Attributes, Skills and Experience
- Experience in customer service and/or account administration
- Excellent communication and administration skills skills, both oral and written, with a good telephone manner
- Proficient on Microsoft Office Package, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook
- Self-starter, confident
- Excellent time management skills – ability to work to tight deadlines under own initiative without direct supervision, and high level of accuracy, with very good attention to detail.
- Team player, happy to work in small business where everyone has to be ‘hands on’
Nice to have
- Experience of working on a CRM system, preferably Salesforce
- Interest in education, international development, or travel industry
- 22 days annual leave per year pro rata, plus extra holiday between Christmas and New Year
- Personal development training courses, and potential for overseas travel opportunities
- Time off In Lieu (TOIL) Policy
- Private healthcare and workplace pension
- 2 days in the Cirencester office, 1 day wfh
- £13,200 – £15,600 d.o.e. + benefits
- Free on-site parking
- Closing date: 19 August
- Interviews: W/C 22 August
- Start date: September
Through Bold New World Recruitment. Please send your CV, plus covering letter clarifying why you would be suitable for this role to Katharine Landale, firstname.lastname@example.org or via the apply button above.
We will respond to all applicants and thank you very much for your interest.