PR First is an Interiors, Luxury and Lifestyle PR and and Creative Agency based in the heart of London.
PR and marketing consultancy is our passion. Paired with our creative and production services, we are constantly driven by a desire to ensure our brands remain irresistible to their target consumers. Whether crafting an innovative brand campaign for sofa.com or designing engaging PR and social strategy for Cuisinart, we deliver impactful, market-focused solutions. We like to start conversations and spark new insights. You’re more likely to find us shaping trends than following them.
Our unique blend of consulting and practical experience allows us to work closely with clients to stay ahead of customer trends and step confidently into the future
We are looking for an experienced account director who feels passionately about shaping company culture, cultivating open honest relationships with clients, nurturing staff and producing excellent results in an efficient and harmonious way.
Experience is important but we relish team members who are passionate about making the workplace somewhere in which everyone feels invested in and happy to be around one another.
Would love you to work closely with the directors to shape the growth of the Agency from a financial and cultural perspective.
Experience in nurturing and shaping teams, creating efficiencies in workflow and the ability to create compelling strategic planning for clients is essential.
Account Director Job Description
In terms of responsibilities our new Account Director would need to take care of the following:
- Maintaining the smooth running of your accounts, constantly reviewing performances and ensuring KPIs are reached and looking at creative ways to enhance campaigns and increase fee
- Supporting the other directors and teams, devising structures and systems to improve the efficiency of the office
- Working to identify and convert new business leads developing strategic, creative proposals and being confident and knowledgeable enough to present them
- Creating or maintaining relationships with senior editors, journalists and influencers, facilitating introductions to junior team members and ensuring they develop
- Coaching the wider team in best practice, writing, presenting and growing their knowledge of our industry and the wider disciplines associated with PR
- Continuously looking to develop, encourage and appraise team members, offering mentorship and an element of pastoral care
- Senior contact for client account
- Managing client service and agency performance
- Overseeing PR campaigns from creative brief to implementation and delivery
- Analysing PR outcomes and interpreting data
- Presenting findings to the board, clients and key stakeholders
- Delegating to and managing a PR team
- Nurturing talent
- Winning new business and developing current client accounts
- Contributing to the overall business
- Developing a wide network and nurturing key contacts
Responsibilities will vary according to organisation and accounts but may include a combination of:
- Leading and managing a team of PR professionals and account managers, providing career counsel, professional development support, monitoring and performance reviews
- Managing new accounts along with existing ones
- Creating and overseeing media strategy and account development
- Championing the agency values and brand
- Offering crisis management and counsel to clients and extending networking opportunities
- Leadership and management skills within a PR environment
- Senior experience within a PR agency or in-house position
- Business development abilities with track record of success
- Experienced at winning new clients and pitching for business
- Keen networker and adept at building relationships with key influencers and industry spokespeople
- Excellent project management skills with strong organisational and planning skills
- Polished presenter with exceptional written and verbal skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation and delegation skills
- Must demonstrate competency across all areas of responsibility
Experience in relevant roles is more important as an account director than qualifications. For those looking to transfer to the industry, attractive skills include management, strategic and creative expertise and outstanding comms experience
- Extensive experience of PR within a specific sector or industry relevant to the post
- Proven track record of successfully implemented PR campaigns for a range of clients
- Driven, ambitious and willing to contribute to the business salary
- Website: prfirst.co.uk
- Earnings will vary according to sector and experience.
- Hours: Typical Working Hours: 9:00am – 5:30pm. Standard hours are generally Monday-Friday, 9:00am to 5:30pm.
- Benefits Package:
- We operate a flexitime policy
- Up to 2 days working from home per week
- 20 days holiday
- Additional holiday on your birthday
- Company Training
- Christmas and summer social events/away days
- Team social budget for use throughout the year
- Office closure between Christmas and New Year (at MD’s discretion)
- Regular appraisals and career development
- Application through Katharine Landale at Bold New World Recruitment via the Apply button above, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you very much for your interest.