Executive Assistant | Borkowski
An exceptional opportunity to join the team at Borkowski. We are looking for a highly organised and motivated EA looking for a long-term role supporting our CEO, Mark Borkowski.
Mark is a busy and creative individual, predominantly based in the office at Somerset House, Strand, London WC2. The role is full-time and we are looking for a mature and experienced person who would relish being part of this respected and dynamic team.
For the past 35 years, Borkowski has been engaged in the relentless pursuit of hearts and minds. With a watchful eye on the future, we pride ourselves on our ability to influence attitudes and behaviour, and ultimately generate fame by harnessing the most impactful communications tools of the age.
The work of our Corporate and Consumer PR teams includes global launches for major brands, building communications frameworks for exciting start-ups, fame building for maverick entrepreneurs, managing the reputations of high-profile individuals and championing paradigm-shifting causes.
We have also built a globally recognised Crisis and Reputation Management operation, recognised by Spear’s Magazine and PR Week as one of the industry’s finest at navigating sensitive issues to create genuine positive change, and tackling the fallout of the current culture wars.
Our acclaimed Arts & Culture team has over three decades of experience running worldwide publicity for major cultural landmarks and events, while we have also launched a specialist studio Feejee Mermaid dedicated to conceiving and producing publicity stunts.
We take on difficult, sophisticated jobs: high risk, high reward work that requires a totally distinctive approach to communications.
We pride ourselves on our ability to create impactful, agenda-setting stories, understand and effectively communicate complex issues, our network, innovation, problem-solving, and our close and trusting working relationships. We get under our clients’ skin and work as one team towards a common goal.
- We are looking for a person who has the ability to prioritise, be flexible (schedules are changing all the time), work smartly (and at times with autonomy), make decisions and think on your feet.
- You need excellent writing and copyediting skills and a laser like attention to detail.
- The ability to operate with discretion and in a professional manner at all times. The office is creative and dynamic but at times can be pressurised. As Mark’s EA you need to keep level headed and calm.
- Friendly, approachable and mature, acting at all times with discretion.
- Complex and changing diary management. Scheduling remote via Teams/Zoom and F2F meetings.
- Gatekeeping for the CEO and his diary.
- Booking travel, accommodation and restaurants, often at short notice.
- Helping prepare presentations and research ahead of meetings, taking minutes.
- Preparing for in person client meetings at the office, booking meeting rooms with refreshments.
- Clipping and filing broadcast and print coverage, posting to ‘Mark My Words’ blog.
- Updating timesheets via the Paprika platform.
- Liaising with all stakeholders.
- Ad hoc personal support with holidays and some household management.
- Logging expenses.
- Managing mail outs, Christmas gift lists.
- Confident with Microsoft Office, all aspects.
Systems and Office Support
- Ensuring the smooth running of the office, liaising with Head of IT and all key Somerset House departments to trouble shoot any systems issues.
- Ordering stationery supplies.
- Assisting Directors with HR administration, including contracts, new starter, review and exit procedures.
- Setting up new starters on Paprika, helping manage leave and TOIL processes.
- Taking actions at weekly team meeting and circulating to team.
- Organising events for the team, including away days and staff events.
- 25 days holiday
- Salary competitive
- Full time
- 9.30am – 6pm daily
- Office based days vary but are usually Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday each week
Application and further information via Katharine Landale at Bold New World Recruitment. Please send your CV plus covering letter stating why you should be considered for this role to Katharine at email@example.com.
With many thanks for your interest.