Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions before using www.boldnewworld.co.uk (our site). We have made them as clear as possible. Please print out a copy of them for future reference.
- The terms and conditions below lay out the rules for using our site: www.boldnewworld.co.uk whether you are accessing, browsing or already registered. By accepting our terms you are agreeing to comply with them. You must accept these terms in order to use our site.
- If you cannot agree to these terms and conditions please do not use our site.
- www.boldnewworld.co.uk is operated by Katharine Landale of Larkhill House, Long Newnton, Tetbury, Gloucestershire (“we”/“us”/“our site”). You may contact us via the website.
- We are not an on-line recruitment agency and we comply with our obligations under the Equalities Act 2010 and all other relevant legislation in the UK.
- All Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years work experience to their name, if they do not, they should not apply for any roles listed on our site.
- We make the assumption that any employers placing an advertisement on Bold New World are using us only as part of their recruitment process and not exclusively advertising their job on our site, but we leave such employers to ensure with their obligations under the said Act.
Other Terms that may apply to you
- BoNeW refers to Bold New World.
- BoNeW’s Acceptable Use Policy sets out the rules we maintain for users of our site.
- By using our site, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
Changes to these terms
- These terms and conditions may be updated at any time by amending this page. We will try and notify visitors to our site of these updates but cannot undertake to do so every time. Please check this page frequently to make yourself aware of any changes we have made as they are binding on you with immediate effect.
Changes to this site
- We do not guarantee that our site, or any content, will be available without interruption. From time to time we may have to suspend, withdraw or restrict parts of our side for various reasons. Notice will be given of this where possible.
- We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
- Please ensure you are responsible for ensuring that anyone that can access this site through your internet connection are aware of these terms and conditions and that they comply with them.
- We are under no obligation to update this site if any content is out of date.
Accessing our Site, Account and Password
- You will need to register to access the services of our site.
- If you are an Employer or Charity you will need to have paid the appropriate fee to use our site.
- Payments to our site are collected through Stripe in GB Pounds Sterling only; their terms and conditions apply to all such payments and can be accessed on the payment page.
- You are responsible for making all the arrangements needed to use to our site.
- Passwords either given or provided by you must be treated as confidential and must not be given to a third party.
- You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms and conditions and all other applicable terms on the site, and that they comply with them.
- We have the right to disable any email, account or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us if you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms and conditions and shall have no liability to you for any refund of payments already made to us.
- If you suspect that your password is known by a third party, please contact us.
- If you are outside the United Kingdom there is nothing to stop you visiting our site. If you wish to place an advertisement on this site for a role outside the United Kingdom please contact us to discuss this. It is up to you to ensure that an advertisements placed for roles outside the UK are fully compliant with any local laws, regulations or codes operating there.
Intellectual Property Rights
- BoNeW are the owner of the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties world wide. All such rights are reserved.
- Our status, including that of any individuals or company contributors to Bold New World must be acknowledged in any use made of its content.
- You must not use any part of the content of our site for commercial purposes without first obtaining a licence to do to from us or our licensors.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts of any page from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others to content posted on our site.
- You must not change any printed or dowloaded material in any way and cannot use any illustrations, photographs, graphics, videos or audio recordings away from accompanying text.
- If you print off, copy or download any part of BoNeW in breach of our terms and conditions your right to use our site will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
No reliance on Information
- Content on this site is for general information only. You must seek professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis solely of the content on our site.
- We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the content on our side is informative and relevant, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is correct, accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of liability
- We will not be liable to any user of our site for loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site
- jobs secured from employers advertising on Bold New World
- use or reliance on content displayed on our site
If you are an employer, agency, charity or any other professional user, please note Bold New World will not be liable for
- loss of sales, business, profit or revenue
- business interruption
- loss of anticipated savings
- loss of business opportunity, reputation or goodwill
- or any indirect or consequential loss or damage
- You are advised to check carefully the terms and conditions of any job offers you may secure through our site; we have no liability in respect of such jobs, offers or other services that may be advertised or promoted on our site from time to time.
- Notwithstanding all of the above if we are found by a duly constituted court of law or regulatory body to be liable to any users of our site who have paid to advertise, such liability shall not exceed the fees paid for placing.
- Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
- We have no control over these web-sites or resources.
- We will not be liable to any loss or damage caused by virus, distributed denial-of-service attack or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programmes, data or other propriety material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should also use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site.
- You must not attack our site via denial of service attack or a distributed denial of service attack. By breaching this provision you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. in the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Whenever you use a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, you must comply with the terms and conditions set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
- You warrant that any such contribution will comply with those standards and you will be liable to us and agree to indemnify us fully for any breach of that warranty.
- Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you licence to us are described in the next paragraph.
- We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to your site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy or other infringement of their rights.
- We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
- We have the right to reject and/or remove any posting you make on our site without notice to you, if, in our sole opinion, your post does not comply with these terms and conditions or content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
- The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
Rights you Licence
- When you upload or post content to our site, you grant us an unlimited, irrevocable, non-exclusive worldwide, royalty-free licence in perpetuity, or for so long as any rights remain in such content, to display such content on our site and to make use of such content also in publicity and marketing material for Bold New World without restriction. Usually this will be without specific reference to you by name, but where we want to attribute the content to the person who posted it we shall endeavour to contact them to clear that with them.
Linking to our site
- You may link to our website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- Our site must not be framed on any other site.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
- If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third party links and resources in our site and editorial independence
Our site contains links to third party’s sites and resources provided by third parties, for instance employers and agencies advertising job opportunities and/or experts offering relevant services; these links are provided for your information only and we have no control over the contents of those sites or resources. While we may accept adverts and/or promotions from third parties from whom we may benefit if any products and/or services they advertise or promote are taken up, this does and will not influence any of our editorial content.
These terms and conditions and everything related to our site and its operations are governed by the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes or other legal issues arising hereunder.
boldnewworld.co.uk is a registered trade mark owned by Bold New World.
Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy, read in conjunction with our website Terms and Conditions sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access and use our website at www.boldnewworld.co.uk ("our site"). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our said terms and conditions.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms and conditions.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored
- any software used in the provision of our site, or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site.
- Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered; we may indicate if it is moderated or not and, if so, what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
- We will take all reasonable steps to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
- Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site ("contributions"), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be intended or likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our sole discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take any such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the terms and conditions upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions without notice to you:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.